Quick and Easy Banh Mi
Makes 1 sandwich
For the Quick Pickled Veggies
½ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
½ cup Water
1 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Sugar
For the Spicy Mayo
½ cup Mayo
1 tbsp Sriracha
½ tsp Fish Sauce
For the Sandwiches
1 loaf French Bread
½ cup Spicy Mayo
2 cups Arugula
½ lbs Prime Fresh Roasted Turkey
¼ Cucumber, sliced
¼ cup Pickled Veggies
1 Jalapeno, seeded, stemmed and sliced into rings
1 tbsp Cilantro
How To Make
Make the Quick Pickled Veggies:
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a mason jar. Seal and shake well.
- Add the sliced veggies and top off with more rice wine vinegar if needed.
- Allow to sit for 1 hour before using.
Make the Spicy Mayo:
- Combine the mayo, sriracha, and fish sauce in a small bowl together until well combined. Store in a resealable container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the Banh Mi Sandwiches:
- Slice the French bread in half longways.
- Spread the mayo over the bread halves.
- Pile on the arugula.
- Fold and layer on the Prime Fresh Roasted Turkey.
- Add the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle the pickled veggies over the cucumber.
- Add a few jalapeno slices and snips of fresh cilantro.
- Fold the bread closed.
- Wrap the sandwiches tightly in parchment paper and pack for your picnic.