Fried Green Tomato and Ham Club Sandwiches
Makes 3 sandwiches
2 large green tomatoes sliced into 3/4 inch slices
1 cup of flour
1.5 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
Oil for Frying
1/4 cup Mayo
2 tablespoons sweet relish
2 tablespoons harissa paste
1 package Prime Fresh Smoked Ham
4 slices Smithfield Bacon
6 slices Bread toasted
1 Avocado sliced
1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
How To Make
- Put the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 different bowls. Whisk the eggs and lightly salt the flour and breadcrumbs.
- Salt the tomato slices and coat in flour. Shake off excess flour, then dip into the eggs. Finally coat in breadcrumbs and press them lightly to make sure they adhere.
- Add oil to a pan about 1/2 an inch deep. Heat to 350. Add the tomatoes in batches to brown, flipping once to brown both sides.
- Remove from heat and lightly salt.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayo with the relish and harissa.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the mayo.
- Put 3 slices of ham onto the bottom bread. I like to roll them up but you can put them on however you like.
- Top with a slice of tomato, then add the lettuce.
- Add the next slice of bread with the mayo facing upwards, top with bacon, then tomato, then avocado. Top with the remaining bread (with the mayo facing down).
- Add the toothpicks, then slice into triangles. Serve.