Turkey Broccoli Pesto Shooters Style Sandwich
1 cup broccoli florets roughly chopped
3/4 cup toasted cashews
1 clove garlic, grated
3 oz aged cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup relish
1 tablespoon hot sauce
Large round bread boule
16 ounces Prime Fresh Turkey Lunch Meat (2 packages)
4 ounces goat cheese
1 roasted red pepper (jarred or fresh)
How To Make
- Put the pesto ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Slice the top 1/4 off the bread. Hollow out the bread, remove the filling until it is mostly crust. (I made breadcrumbs with the bread middle)
- Brush the sauce all around the insides of the bread (including the lid!)
- Layer the first package of turkey on the bottom. Top with the roasted red pepper in an even layer.
- Spread the goat cheese on next, this step can be a little harder cause cause the goat cheese can be tough to work with and sticky.
- Spread the pesto on as the next layer. You may not use all of it.
- Top with the remaining turkey. If you have any extra turkey due to having a smaller bread, that’s ok because the Prime Fresh packages are re-sealable!
- Put the top back on the bread and wrap the sandwich with parchment. Put it in the fridge and put something heavy on top, I used a cast iron pot filled with random things from my fridge.
- The next day, remove the sandwich from the fridge and pack it up to travel. Slice in to triangles when you are ready to use.