Ultimate Roast Beef Sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
4 sub rolls or ciabatta rolls
1 whole green bell pepper sliced in thin strips
1 large white onion sliced in thin strips
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 pound Prime Fresh Roast Beef (two packages)
1 packet au jus seasoning
1 package sliced provolone cheese
How To Make
- In a small container with a lid, stir in mayo, horseradish and Dijon mustard. Stir until mixed together, then cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble the sandwiches.
PEPPERS & ONIONS
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Put 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add peppers and onions, stirring frequently with a flat spatula.
- After about 8-9 minutes, or when softening and turning golden, season with Italian seasoning.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Prepare the au jus as directed on package in a saucepan. You’ll need room to add roast beef, so use a medium to large sized one.
- Once au jus is heated through, add meat with tongs. Turn off heat and stir so meat is all covered.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- To assemble: Spread mayo on bottom half of the roll. Add 2 slices of provolone cheese to each roll. Take the meat out of the au jus with tongs and place 4-6 slices on each roll. Top with peppers and onions.
- Bake open faced for 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Ladle au jus in a small dish for dunking. Serve sandwich immediately.